What is the best way to lose weight? The top 10 answers may surprise you.
Researches now say that the answer to what is the best way to lose weight is not complicated diets and extensive workout programs because they don’t work in the long run. While people are enthusiastic whenever they start a new program, that excitement quickly wanes and they quickly become tired of the routine and eventually abandon the program. If they think the answer to what is the best way to lose weight is the quick fix, they are dead wrong!
Scientist seeking what is the best way to lose weight now say that the answer is simple: diet and exercise.
10. Reducing the amount of food you eat is the first answer to the question of what is the best way to lose weight.The average human being requires a minimum of 1,200 calories per day in order to survive. When trying to determine what is the best way to lose weight, you should consider that many people eat double, triple or even quadruple this amount in calories every day.
9. Selecting the right foods is as important as eating smaller portions. Instead of unhealthy prepared foods, choose fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts. Instead of choosing fatty proteins such as cheeseburgers and chicken wings, select healthier alternatives such as turkey burgers or boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
8. Looking at how active you are is the second step toward determining what is the best way to lose weight. For most people, the answer is not very. Statistics now say that 33 percent of all Americans are obese, or so overweight that their health is at risk for diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
7. Do 30 minutes of aerobic or anaerobic exercise per day — You don’t need to spend hours at the gym to get the appropriate amount of exercise. Physiologists trying to determine what is the best way to lose weight recommend a moderate amount of daily exercise is required to help most people shed pounds. Aerobic exercise is when you breathe harder than you normally do. It includes walking fast, jogging, and bicycling. Anaerobic exercise is when you strain your muscles, but don’t breathe harder than normal. It includes weight lifting and resistance training. Both aerobic and anaerobic exercises are excellent ways to answer the question of what is the best way to lose weight.
6. Try to do too much at once when starting a new exercise program. You may want to run a 10K or bench press your body weight, but probably you are not yet able to do that. When trying to determine what is the best way to lose weight, you must be realistic. Start slow and you will be far less likely to get frustrated and quit, or worse get injured and not be able to exercise at all!
5. Think about what you want to accomplish –You are the only one who can personalize the answer to the question what is the best way to lose weight because nobody knows you better than you! Think about what you want to accomplish. Maybe it is a target weight, or perhaps simply to be able to climb the stairs without becoming winded.
4. Create a Roadmap to Success — Like any new endeavor, answering the question about what is the best way to lose weight for you takes planning and commitment. If you start to follow the latest fad diet or buy a crazy workout plan, you almost assuredly will fail. Those diets and exercise programs were not designed for you, they were designed to make money for their creators. Once you determine your goal, planning what is the best way to lose weight for you is the easy! Determine an amount of time you will give yourself to achieve your objective. Perhaps it is a year, or maybe only a few months. Always choose a time that is slightly longer than you think it actually will take you because invariably unexpected obstacles will delay you.
3. Set mileposts along the way — Next, simply sit down with a pencil and paper, or perhaps a calendar, and map out your path to success from start to finish. Set mileposts along the way so that you can measure your progress, speeding up or slowing down your program as necessary. This is helpful in determining what is the best way to lose weight.
2. Reward Yourself for Success — By this point, it should be obvious that the most important question isn’t what is the best way to lose weight. The biggest question is what is the best way to lose weight for you? Everybody is different and responds uniquely to individual stimuli. But one trait we all share is that we respond to motivation!
When you plan your program that determines what is the best way to lose weight for you, be sure to include rewards that recognize the achievements you reach along the way. Make sure these are not counterproductive: No banana splits or other rich foods for example. Reward yourself with something you can really enjoy, such as a new book, a night at the movies or hopefully a pair of smaller sized jeans! When you reinforce positive behavior, you program yourself to take positive actions to achieve your objectives in the future.
1. Allow Yourself to Be Happy! — What is the best way to lose weight? The way that will make you feel better about yourself all day, every day. Regardless of how much you weigh or what you look like, if you like the way you look and feel, you will lead a happier, more productive life. But if the answer to what is the best way to lose weight for you is a few simple steps such as making better food choices and performing moderate exercise daily, you can achieve substantive physical changes within a reasonable amount of time. Soon people will start to compliment you on the way you look. Your clothes will start fitting looser. You may even need a whole new wardrobe! But most important of all, you will like who you are and will be a happier person overall. So what is the best way to lose weight? Pursuing personal happiness and fulfillment through diet and exercise.